SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE
THE FOLLOWING IS OUR APPLICANT SCREENING CRITERIA AND APPLICATION FOR RESIDENCY—WE ABIDE BY ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL FAIR HOUSING LAWS.
In order to make sure our neighborhoods and communities stay safe and that our property isn’t being used for illegal activity, we have a thorough screening process.
If you meet the application criteria and are accepted, you will have the peace of mind knowing that your neighbors in our properties have met the same requirements you have. Please review the following list of criteria. If you meet the criteria, fill out the application and return it to us so we can begin the screening process.
Please note that we provide equal housing opportunity; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, financial status, disability, lawful source of income, sexual orientation, marital status, age or ancestry.
APPLICATION: We must receive one (1) completed Rental Application from each adult (18 years of age and older) who wishes to occupy a unit. If the completed application contains any omissions (not satisfactorily explained), you will be denied residency.
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION: We require two (2) forms of identification. A photo ID and one (1) other type of ID are to be presented with your completed application.
RENTAL HISTORY: It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to contact your past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history. If you owned, rather than rented, your previous home, you will need to furnish mortgage company references and proof of title ownership or transfer.
INCOME: We must be able to verify independently the amount and stability of your income (for example: through pay stubs, employment source contact, or tax records. If you are self-employed we can verify income through business license, tax records, bank records, or a list of client references. For Rent Assistance applicants, the amount of assistance will be considered part of your monthly income for purposes of figuring the proportion.
YOU WILL BE DENIED IF:
• You misrepresent any information on the application. If misrepresentations are found after a Rental Agreement is signed, your Rental Agreement will be terminated immediately.
• The rent at the unit you are applying for exceeds 35% of your annual income (exceptions may be granted with a qualified co-signer).
• You have had a conviction for violent criminal offenses, manufacturing/distribution of controlled substances, sexual offenses, or any type of crime that would be considered a serious threat to the property or to other residents. In addition, those classified as habitual criminals will be denied.
• You have had past negative accounts to rental companies or utility service companies (exceptions may be made with a qualified co-signer or an additional security deposit).
• In the past five (5) years you have been through a court-ordered eviction or have an eviction older than (5) years that is unsatisfied.
• Previous landlord(s) is/are disinclined to rent to you again for any other reason pertaining to the behavior of yourself, pets, others allowed on the property during your tenancy, or your guests.
BY CLICKING TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION, I AM AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:
I hereby and forthwith give Abode Properties and any agent thereof, the legal right to obtain account information from any lending institution, run a credit check, and to verify information from sources which I have listed, including a criminal activity check. It is the understanding of both parties that only Abode Properties and any agent will use this information thereof and they recognize that this information is protected under Wisconsin Statutes, agency, or client/agent relationship.
Furthermore, I, the undersigned, do hereby certify that the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I am 18+ years of age and legally responsible. In the event said information is not true, the lessor may cancel the lease or rental agreement signed by the lessor in reliance thereon and I will be refunded my security deposit, minus any deductions, and any prepaid rent as due to me under the law.
I understand and agree that the use and occupancy of this unit will be according to the terms, conditions, and rules set forth in the lease and nonstandard rental provisions. All applications are subject to the approval of Abode Properties. Any monies placed as a deposit will be refunded if the application is subsequently denied for any reason.
I understand the rental policy requires the verifiable household gross income to be: at least three times the gross rent and frees for a one bedroom and at least four times the gross rent and fees for a two bedroom.
I understand that by submitting an application I am not entering into a Rental Agreement between myself and Abode Properties.
I'D LIKE TO FILL OUT A PAPER APPLICATION
If you prefer to fill out a paper application, you can CLICK HERE to download and print a copy of the application.
Please make sure to thoroughly read the application guidelines and turn in all the appropriate documentation upon submitting an application.